School policies cover every aspect of school life. Below are some of our most important policies for your reference. If you want to know our policy on something that is not listed, please ask the school office. Paper copies are available from the school office. All our HR and financial policies are adapted from Lancashire County Council policies.
A request for a paper copy of any of these policies (or any other) can be made to the school office.
St Mary & St Michael Equality Objectives Jan 2020
- At St Mary & St Michael Catholic Primary School, the leadership of the school community will demonstrate mutual respect between all members of the school community.
- There is an openness of atmosphere which welcomes everyone to the school.
- All within the school community will challenge any type of discriminatory and/or bullying behaviour, eg through unwanted attentions(verbal or physical) and unwelcome or offensive remarks or suggestions.
- All pupils are encouraged to greet visitors to the school with friendliness and respect.
- The displays around the school are of a high quality and reflect diversity across all aspects of equality of opportunity and are frequently monitored.
- Provision is made to cater for the spiritual needs of all the children through planning of assemblies, classroom based and externally based activities.
In accordance with the Public Sector Equality Duty here at St Mary & St Michael's Catholic Primary School we consider all groups of learners when working and learning together. Considerations are taken place throughout the daily routines of school life some of these include; teaching the curriculum, writing policies, analysing data and organising educational visits. Some of these considerations are written within policies and some are taken within daily practices.