SS Mary & Michael Catholic Primary School, Garstang
St Mary & St Michael's is a Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School and an important part of the parish community. Although there was a Catholic School in the town in the eighteenth century, the first parts of our present building were erected in 1858. The school itself, on the southern edge of the town, is by the River Wyre looking out towards Greenhalgh Castle and the Bowland Fells.
Our Mission Statement
'We are all unique and can reach our full potential in the loving family of St Mary & St Michael's Catholic Primary School. Walking with Jesus, caring for each other, we learn together in the warmth of our school home.'
We have high aspirations for all and are proud of our achievements. At the heart of all teaching and learning are the St Mary & St Michael’s Values of Uniqueness, Service, Care & Compassion, Acceptance, Respect and Forgiveness.
Our Philosophy of Education
In our caring environment, love of God and respect for each other is central to our philosophy. We aim to provide a stimulating and enthusiastic approach so that the children achieve their academic potential through a positive approach to learning. Our school is open to all denominations.
- To maintain and develop strong links with the parish, community and wider world, acknowledging we live in a multi-cultural world and have respect for all faiths.
- All children to make positive progress from their starting points and be in-line or above national expectations.
- To establish a 1 form entry throughout school.
- To develop the reputation and visibility of the school within the local community.
- To invest in our building infrastructure and environment to ensure the school is fit for 21st Century learners.
- To develop mental health and well-being within the school community.