Mater Ecclesiae Multi Academy Trust
All the Catholic schools in the Diocese of Lancaster have been invited by our bishop, Rev Paul Swarbrick to consider converting to an academy and join a Catholic Multi Academy Trust (MAT).
Please see his introductory letter below.
There are three MATs in the diocese (which stretches from Preston to the Scottish Borders). Our MAT will be the Mater Ecclesiae (Mother of the Church) and will eventually be made up of the 23 Catholic primary and secondary schools in the greater Preston area. Bishop Paul has requested everyone to join one of the MATs by 2026.
The Governors of our school feel that this is an exciting opportunity and are considering being in Wave 3 of the schools converting to an academy. This process will take place this school year in readiness for a potential October 2024 conversion.
As part of the conversion process the Governors will consult all school stakeholders, which includes:
• Staff members
• Lancashire County Council
• Trade unions
The consultation period commences on Monday 22nd January and closes at 3pm on Monday 26th February 2024. There will be a parent’s consultation meeting on the 1st February at 3.30pm in the school hall. This meeting will give you the opportunity to ask any questions to the CEO-Mr P Duffy.
Please see the additional information below for parents (other stakeholders have been contacted directly). This includes a letter outlining the process and a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Please note the FAQs will be updated a couple of times during the consultation period.
Any questions or feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the close of the consultation period the Governing Board of St Mary & St Michael’s Catholic Primary School will consider all the responses received and make a final decision as to whether they wish to start the academisation conversion process this school year. We will keep stakeholders updated of the Governors' decision and next steps.
The views of all stakeholders are important to us and will help to inform the final decision which will be made by governors before 8th March 2024.
If any parent wishes to discuss this further please email the address above.